Interview with SIPROS (exclusively for our blog)



EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH "SIPROS"
(made by me for streetartandgraffiti.blogspot.com)

Exclusively for streetartandgraffiti.blogspot.com, i'm happy to present to you the interview done by me to a Brazilian graffiti artist: Sipros.

- How old are you and where are you from?
I'm 27 years old and I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

- When did you start doing graffiti?
I started doing graffiti in 1997.

- What attracted you to the art of graffiti? And why did you start writing?
I always wanted to draw on the walls.
 
- Have you learned to do graffiti by yourself, or there was someone who taught you to do it?
I've learned it on the streets.

- Are you mostly into doing pieces, bombing or characters?
I generally prefer the realism: charachters and realistic photos.

- When you are painting, what’s going through your mind?
I feel like to be alone with yourself. And a sense of happiness.

- Your works are extremely accurate and detailed, how much time do you spend on the sketch before you plant it on the wall?
A big part of my references is photography. When I find one that pleases me, I do it on the wall.

- And how much time do you spend to plant it on the wall?
To put a piece on the wall I spent about 3-4 hours.

- If you're on a dry spell, where do you get the inspiration?
It's only in rare cases that i am not inspired. I draw everyday of my life...

- In your opinion, what is the most beautiful piece you've done?
I love about the 80% of my works. I always think I can improve them.

- Ever got caught? If yes, did you ever think to stop doing graffiti?
I've never been caught.

- Got any advice for the new upcoming writers?
I suggest to be always originals, and not expecting much from the old school graffiti.

- How can we contact you and see more of your work?
I have my fotolog http://www.fotolog.com/sipros_itapevi   and some more pages like http://www.flickr.com/photos/sipros , http://www.myspace.com/sipros

e-mail: sipros_6913@hotmail.com

- Anything else you would like to say to the world?
Everyone has to enhance its work, because the world is full of graffiti different from each other.


To see more about Sipros, CLICK HERE!


Comments