Graffiti couple tragedy



A CORONER yesterday described a couple who died a after trying to write graffiti tags on the railway as a modern day Romeo and Juliet.

Doorman Steven Longstaffe, 22, and Megan McAuley, 20, scaled a 20ft wall, and evaded barbed wire to reach a station.
But Steven died falling through a warehouse roof and Megan hanged herself the following day.

Liverpool Coroner Andre Rebello said they were “the closest thing to Romeo and Juliet I have experienced”.
He added: “This tragic loss is devastating not just for family and friends, but also for society.

“Their lives have ended because of trespass.”

Megan, who was studying to become a personal trainer, left a note saying: “I’m really sorry, but I’m in a better place and with the man I love. I’ve never been so happy since I met Ste.”

The pair had been together for seven months.

Verdicts: Accidental death and suicide.


Taken from: Dailystar


Comments